Silent Night

First off, a disclaimer. I am trying to get the creative juices flowing and decided to write the following blog. Plus, I have to catch up with Danny. So, if you desire, ignore the innate drivel that's about to ensue.

5:42 pm- For some reason, my tv is on the ABC Family Channel. Instead of changing it to Sports Center, I watch What I Like About You. Brain rots slowly.

6:07 pm- After spending too long on myspace, I decide to go running at the track at East Junior High.

6:48 pm- Running complete. I am a big pile of sweat after running two miles. Feel good though.

7:15 pm- I'm cooking dinner, and decide that tonight I will go to Barnes and Noble to write. Cliche, yes, but I'm more productive when I'm not home. I need to do laundry, though, and figure I can get one load done by 8:30 pm.

8:07 pm- Danny texts me to say the Red Sox lost. Stupid Red Sox.

8:08 pm- Text five girls looking for comfort after the loss.

8:09 pm- Realize I actually didn't hit send on the texts. Oops. Instead of resending, I just say forget it about, maybe next time.

8:30 pm- Some guy won't get his laundry from the dryer and my whole night's plan is ruined. I turn on Scrubs, get online, and pretty much stew for the next half hour. Instead of writing, I spend way too much time looking at fantasy football rosters. Sure, I could have just written here at that moment, but I am angry.

9:02 pm- Okay, I'm going to start writing. I start boiling water for some tea and grab my notebook. Except wait, Return of the Jedi is on. I make my tea and watch tv instead.

9:19 pm- Think about the meaning of life. I figure it has something to do with golf.

9:33 pm- It's a commercial break, so I grab my laundry and catch the end of the movie.

9:59 pm- Return of the Jedi ends. I send myspace messages to ten girls, hoping for them to comfort me.

10:01 pm- I realize I sent messages to the girls that are always asking me "Do you want to get laid tonight?" Of course I do. These silly girls don't even need to ask. Come to find out, it's all spam. I grab my guitar and smash it against the wall.

10:05 pm- I'm finishing this post. And going to write. And cry myself to sleep. Again...Wait a minute, Home Improvement is on.

So, there is a trip down one night in Jason's life. Some was real, some was simply fabricated for the point of this story. The point is: Don't let a guy leaving clothes in the dryer ruin your night. Just put the clothes on the table and go about your own life.

Jason

Comments