Skip to main content

Back in the High Life Again...

Guess who's back? Back again. Jason's back. Back again.

After nearly a month long layoff, I am back with a quick update. I was going to open this by saying hello ladies and germs, but I decided the world isn't ready for 30s style comedy again. I will put that off until I feel everyone has earned it.

The reason I have not posted a new blog is because I was busy working on my new novel for novel writing month. The goal was to have a 50,000 word novel completed by November 30th. Let's just say I only reached 20,000 words, so I fell a LITTLE below the goal. I was rolling rather nicely until my birthday weekend, but the last week the motivation left me. I guess that's what a weekend full of whiskey, rum, and losing money will that do that to a person. I plan on posting the final chapter I had written within a day or two and take a break from it for a month. The link for the novel is on my profile. If you just click on my lovely picture on this site, then click on the Palm Trees and Paradise link, you can read all that I've posted. Don't worry, though, the novel will be completed, I just have some other projects I am attempting to finish this month.

A lot happened in the month of November, and I plan to get back to talking all about it. Like, did you know Spencer and Heidi got married in Mexico? You probably didn't, because no one cares and if you don't, I'd like your feedback on why you do. These two would never be famous unless it was for MTV. Both are very useless.

For all you cheeseheads, quit blaming Aaron Rodgers for all of the Packers troubles. His stats are very similar to Brett Favre's so cut the kid a break.

If any BCS voters happen upon this page, keep in mind that Boise State fans will travel. Even if they would have trouble in a BCS game THIS year, I'd still rather watch them play than Ohio St. If my math is correct, Boise State beat Oregon, who beat Oregon St., who beat USC, who beat Ohio St. Therefore, Boise State is better than USC and Ohio St. I believe it's called the Fibonacci sequence. Look into it.

That's all for now. Peace and Goodwill towards men.

Jason

Comments

josh belville said…
I read on Twitter that Ball State and Boise State want to have their own bowl game. There was a link to a sportingnews.com article but it wouldn't load on my browser for some reason. I think it would be pretty cool though. They could call it the BSU Bowl!

And yeah, Aaron Rodgers is actually putting up great stats. He fucked me royally on fantasy football though, only because I thought he was going to suck so I benched him for Peyton. So in reality Peyton fucked me over. If I had kept Rodgers in I would've beaten the tar out of Evil Mao's Heads. Now I have to hope that Matt Jones catches three touchdowns or something ridiculous like that.

In other words, I hope that Peyton Manning dies in a couch fire.

Popular posts from this blog

The Bromance of Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Matthew Lillard

In the late 1990's and early 2000's, there was no greater bromance than that between Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Matthew Lillard. The two of them appeared in no less than five movies together in a five year time span. These two were meant to be. Two young stars destined to take the world by storm as a team. Hanging out, meeting women, and enjoying the good life. And then, just like that, stardom was ripped away from them. Though they continued to work, they would never appear together again in a film.
What was it that pulled them apart? Did they just choose to go different directions? Was it Sarah Michelle Gellar that drove a wedge between these two? While Lillard eventually went on to star in an Oscar nominated film (The Descendants), Prinze, Jr. went on to write for the WWE and occasionally show up as a guest star on television shows. While both have tried, neither has recaptured that joy that once displayed on screen. Tonight, I want to dutifully remind the world of t…

From Negan with Love

YouTube screenshot
*The following contains Spoilers from the season 7 premiere of "The Walking Dead"
"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close."- Negan, The Walking Dead

And people thought Ramsay Bolton was sadistic.


The much anticipated season seven premiere of The Walking Dead hit the airwaves last Sunday. Boy, was it a doozy.
I am not going to spend much time on what side of the liked/didn't like it/I'm never watching again spectrum I fall in. I will say that I was enraptured, on the edge of my seat for nearly the entire one hour, six minutes (including commercials) of the episode. This was an episode that filled me with a sense of existential dread for the characters inhabiting The Walking Dead world. It is a feeling that is still with me nearly two days later.
As a disclaimer, I am only through the first ten volumes of the graphic novels. I have yet to reach the Negan arc. I am also on the side of the court that didn't m…

NFL Referees Fail Cam Newton, Fans

If the NFL is serious about the safety of players and finding ways to limit concussions, the referees in last night's Denver Broncos/Carolina Panthers game had a funny way of showing it.
Instead of talking about what a great rematch of the Super Bowl these two teams put on, much of the focus was placed on the amount of hits Cam Newton took to the helmet last night.
And rightfully so.
There were at least three occasions during the course of the game in which Newton was on the receiving end of helmet-to-helmet hits. 
These hits were not of the "blink and you miss it" variety of hits. They were in the course of game action, delivered to Newton after a throw or in the midst of being tackled.
The Broncos were flagged for this infraction once.
Once.
For a league that is looking to protect its players, especially quarterbacks, these calls were not simply "mistakes" or "errors" by the referees. And to right it off as such is simply another loosening thread o…