BCS: Eh... Who cares?

Normally predictions for such games come before the game actually starts. I have decided to wait until there was 9 min and 23 sec left to make my predictions. After 2 punts and a 1 first day through the first six minutes, I am making a final score prediction of 3 to 2 in favor of L.S.U.

And here is why: A Punter.

That's right. Brad Wing of L.S.U. will be the MVP of this National Title Game. Or BCS championship. Whatever you want to call it. I'm not even going to watch the game because I'm that sure of the outcome.

Okay, so I lied. I am currently watching but I will probably change the channel. Because nothing is happening. I like good defensive battles as much as anyone, but as I write this sentence, my MVP pick has just punted for the 2nd time. And he just made the tackle on a good return by Alabama. Perhaps we will see a field goal attempt by Alabama. Remember, they did hit two field goals last game. (What's that? They missed four? Oh yeah. Oops.)

I will watch this drive to see what happens. If my prediction doesn't come true and Alabama wins, then I do believe the Championship should be shared between all of the one loss teams. I mean, it's only fair, right? At the very least, L.S.U. and Alabama should get to play one more time because they each won one game head to head this year.

I will not go into that argument because I have had them here before. (A Big Pile of B(c)S, December 2008) We all know how I feel about the system. I will simply say that changes need to happen.

Despite my prediction, I must say 'Roll Tide... I'm trying to delay the end of this blog until the field goal attempt... Then I can safely turn off the game and maybe find something better to do... Looks like he made it, so my 3 to 2 victory prediction has been thrown out the window... Unless I change it to a 3 to 2 victory by Alabama. I really wish I'd stolen that Sports Almanac from Biff when I went back in time. Instead, all I got was this Alabama 2012 National Champions t-shirt. Oh, wait...

J.

"Effort isn't effort until it begins to hurt"

Comments