Skip to main content

Into the Homestretch

Waste not, want not...

88.) LEARN TO SPEAK LATIN
If I had lived in a different time, perhaps I would have already learned this while in school. While the desire to learn this language has waned over the years, I did go as far as buying a Latin to English dictionary. And I look at it from time to time. Though it never happened, I had a goal to go to Mel Gibson's Church in Malibu while I lived in L.A. The mass is done in Latin and would have been quite the adventure.

89.) ENTER THE FBI
I like to watch CRIMINAL MINDS from time to time, so I think my chances are pretty good at getting in. Just need a few lucky breaks, right?

90.) BECOME FAMOUS IN HOLLYWOOD
Just need a few lucky breaks, right? And some dedication and hard work. Though at this point I don't really need fame, just a steady paycheck.

91.) VISIT IRELAND-COMPLETE
I was lucky enough to travel here for about 3 weeks back in 2005. The trip was well worth it and I thank the people that helped me to travel there. The landscape and scenery is exactly how it's always been described. Plus, there is a pub in every little village. A place I definitely want to get back to one day.

92.) LEARN TO WATER SKI
One of the first times I tried this, I fell under the water and decided I didn't want to release the handle. So I swallowed about half the lake in the five seconds I was getting dragged underwater. I have had opportunities to get try again yet have not found the courage. When that opportunity arises again, I will take it.

93.) VISIT SCOTLAND
The home of my ancestors. This is a definite must.

94.) GO SKYDIVING AND/OR BUNGEE JUMPING
This scares me to death. So yes, I want to do it.

95.) LEARN HOW TO SURF-COMPLETE
Now, I am not an expert. In fact, I am not even as high as an amateur. The first time I went surfing was while living down in L.A. Huntington Beach was the exact spot. I spent most of my time trying to stand up and even did for about two seconds. I then spent the rest of the afternoon body surfing. The water was warm so that was a plus. And I'd probably do it again, if the opportunity arose.

96.) VISIT THE WHITE HOUSE
Maybe I can meet the president at the same time...

97.) RUN AND FINISH THE BOSTON MARATHON
I have some other running goals to accomplish first, but this goal is still a priority.

98.) SEE THE BOSTON RED SOX PLAY-COMPLETE
I got to see the Red Sox play the Angels when I lived in L.A. I had tickets a few rows behind the Red Sox dugout and was lucky enough to sit with some Boston fans that had come up from San Diego. And the Red Sox won. And Ben Affleck was there with J-Lo, so that was nice. Maybe they walked right past me. And maybe I stared at J-Lo's ass. I'm a man. I'm entitled to be starstruck and stare a little...

I'll end on that note. And come the next entry, we will finish out this nearly two week journey of a bucket list. Then I can get back to working on my 40 time for next year's NFL Combine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bromance of Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Matthew Lillard

In the late 1990's and early 2000's, there was no greater bromance than that between Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Matthew Lillard. The two of them appeared in no less than five movies together in a five year time span. These two were meant to be. Two young stars destined to take the world by storm as a team. Hanging out, meeting women, and enjoying the good life. And then, just like that, stardom was ripped away from them. Though they continued to work, they would never appear together again in a film.
What was it that pulled them apart? Did they just choose to go different directions? Was it Sarah Michelle Gellar that drove a wedge between these two? While Lillard eventually went on to star in an Oscar nominated film (The Descendants), Prinze, Jr. went on to write for the WWE and occasionally show up as a guest star on television shows. While both have tried, neither has recaptured that joy that once displayed on screen. Tonight, I want to dutifully remind the world of t…

From Negan with Love

YouTube screenshot
*The following contains Spoilers from the season 7 premiere of "The Walking Dead"
"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close."- Negan, The Walking Dead

And people thought Ramsay Bolton was sadistic.


The much anticipated season seven premiere of The Walking Dead hit the airwaves last Sunday. Boy, was it a doozy.
I am not going to spend much time on what side of the liked/didn't like it/I'm never watching again spectrum I fall in. I will say that I was enraptured, on the edge of my seat for nearly the entire one hour, six minutes (including commercials) of the episode. This was an episode that filled me with a sense of existential dread for the characters inhabiting The Walking Dead world. It is a feeling that is still with me nearly two days later.
As a disclaimer, I am only through the first ten volumes of the graphic novels. I have yet to reach the Negan arc. I am also on the side of the court that didn't m…

NFL Referees Fail Cam Newton, Fans

If the NFL is serious about the safety of players and finding ways to limit concussions, the referees in last night's Denver Broncos/Carolina Panthers game had a funny way of showing it.
Instead of talking about what a great rematch of the Super Bowl these two teams put on, much of the focus was placed on the amount of hits Cam Newton took to the helmet last night.
And rightfully so.
There were at least three occasions during the course of the game in which Newton was on the receiving end of helmet-to-helmet hits. 
These hits were not of the "blink and you miss it" variety of hits. They were in the course of game action, delivered to Newton after a throw or in the midst of being tackled.
The Broncos were flagged for this infraction once.
Once.
For a league that is looking to protect its players, especially quarterbacks, these calls were not simply "mistakes" or "errors" by the referees. And to right it off as such is simply another loosening thread o…