Updating in July

There is something that has been weighing on my mind over the last month.  I've done an inordinate amount of research and pondered over this question for countless hours.  My query is this: Why did Ross and Rachel name their baby Emma?  I mean, Ross almost married a woman named Emily.  Those two names are too similar to me.  The entire Ross/Emily/Rachel situation caused a lot of tension.  Why name your child with a name that closely resembles this love from your past?  Bad call, Ross and Rachel.  Bad call...

With that being said, I am here today to provide a few updates on my writing projects and such.

My two full length plays, Solace and Poison, have been submitted to various places across the country.  Still waiting for that first bite for a reading and/or production.  (Or I guess second bite.  Both have had readings in Boise at Alley Rep Theater.)

I have written a ten minute play entitled Visions of a Hamburger.  The story tells of two homeless men and their attempts to survive in today's society.  A few rejections here so far, but also a few places I'm waiting to hear on.  I've also submitted this one for publication.

In addition, I continue to submit previous one act and ten minute plays to various places.  I have also taken up the writing of short stories and have submitted those to a couple of places as well.

My original screenplay, The True Life, has been submitted to a few places that have come back with rejections.  In both case, though, I have received positive feedback and comments with how to improve it a bit.  So that will be a project I tackle shortly.

I can say the waiting game sucks, but at least I keep busy.  I continue to write, edit, and brush up the current pieces in my collection.  (Yep, I call it a collection.  One day someone will have various binders and notebooks to go through.)  I have also finished the first half of a new play called The Latitude of Life.  It is my hope the entire first draft will completed within the next few weeks.

Of course, if you saw the blog a few posts ago, I have recently self-published my fantasy novel entitled The Dragon Princess.  In case you missed it, you can read all about it here: http://jrhask.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-dragon-princess.html If you're looking to purchase the download I've provided a quick link to Amazon for you right.... here.... http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Princess-Jason-Haskins-ebook/dp/B00LUFQJWC/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1405966009&sr=1-2&keywords=The+Dragon+Princesshttp://

Thank you all that have supported the book thus far.  It means the world to me.  Enjoy the weekend.


Comments