Mr. Robin Williams

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you.  Thank you for inspiring me.  Thank you for making me laugh.  Thank you for the tears. I did not know you personally but you've been in my home for years.  Your work in Aladdin, Fern Gully, and Mork and Mindy enlightened me as a child.  Just as Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting moved me as an adult.  You embraced life, as seen by me on the small screen or the big screen (or occasionally print), with a boundless energy.  For that, the world thanks you.  I thank you.  Words cannot say enough at this time. Or perhaps ever.  I sincerely hope you found your peace.  I will leave you with this.  It is the Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O divine master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console
to be understood as to understand
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


Comments