Good tidings...and Cheer

It's officially December. The holiday season is upon us and that means only one thing:

photo courtesy of Wikipedia

That's right! It's time for that Ben Affleck classic Surviving Christmas. What happens when a man without a family returns to his childhood home and buys a family for Christmas? Hilarity ensues, that's what! With appearances by James Gandolfini, Christina Applegate, and Catherine O'Hara, how can one go wrong in viewing this movie?

Okay, it's not the greatest Christmas movie of all time. I contend that the first 50 minutes of this movie are perfection. A downhill slide continues for the next 40 minutes, but I still search it out every year.

Now that I've got that piece of business out of the way, time for some updates.

November was National Writing month. At least for the people at NaNoWriMo it was. The goal being that you write every day for the month of November in the ultimate goal of completing a 50,000 word novel. Or the makings of a novel. For the first time (in 3 attempts), I completed this task. I crossed the threshold just in the nick of time and now have 2/3 of a completed novel. 50,003 words. 

With this first draft started, I will now set it aside for a bit. Time to return to the follow up to The Dragon Princess. It's been collecting dust for the past month so it's time to jump into it full throttle once again.

This December, I do hope to finally finish my screenplay Kings Without Castles.  As I've noted in previous blogs, the movie is Christmas themed. I like to listen to music while I write. Christmas music, as much as I like it, is hard to tolerate in July. I am in the last act of the screenplay so finishing this year is a priority.

In the past month, I even secured a paying gig. The pay is very little, but it is providing me valuable experience with writing web content for various companies. Plus, it keeps me busy and out of trouble.

My play The Latitude of Life will be receiving a reading at the end of January with Boise's own HomeGrown Theatre. More details to come as they arrive.

Hmm... Yep, that's it on the writing front. If you are reading this for the first time, I am still writing articles for Bronco Nation News. For my latest article and more, just hop on over to my profile.
 
Since my birthday was a few weeks ago, I'd like to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I'm thankful to be surrounded by such amazing, supportive, and caring people in my life.

Now get to decking those halls and drinking your alcohol infused eggnog.  As some added entertainment, go check out what was playing on television six years ago.

Happy Festivus!

Comments