April Update...

Okay, okay, so I'm a little behind on my monthly update. Things have slowed down a bit over the past few weeks, but in all earnestness, it is starting to pick up again, at least on the writing front.

The personal update will have to wait; not that I ever divulged too much in that subject anyhow. I believe I gave a glimpse into that area of my life in the previous post and that, for the most part, is all that really needs to be said. Although I will say it's very hard not seeing that warm, caring smile that always made my day...

Any-whozzle (that's right, I put that word into a blog. Maybe that's why my writing has failed to take off), back to the topic at hand. And that topic is the world of writing. In relation to the topic from 2 sentences ago, I received yet another rejection letter. This one was from a theatre in Florida that was having a One Act festival in which 8 plays would be produced. Alas, mine was not selected. I sent in my play "The Last Hit", which apparently is running on its last legs. After I mailed it off, I of course remembered that was the same play I'd sent off to Louisville. I won't find out that answer until June, so I will keep everyone updated. If it's not selected, perhaps I will look into retiring "The Last Hit" and let it die a peaceful death.

As for the full length play "Poison" that I was attempting yet another re-write on, I have temporarily put that on the back burner. That's because for the first time in awhile, I have started a new play. It's a play called "Solace" and is still in the early stages, but so far 23 pages have been hammered out. It's a play I've had an outline on for awhile, so hopefully soon enough the first draft will be completed.

As for the fantasy novel, it is ready to be mailed out. Sometimes, though, in life, a person doesn't get paid often enough. So, with fingers crossed and baited breath, the manuscript will be on its way to New York by the end of the week. That is the plan. And then, as with every great plan, the end result is greatness. It's all in my new self help book entitled "Faking your way to Greatness". It will be available in stores in the year 2525. (If man is still alive.)

As I said, things have slowed down a bit but appear to be picking up some steam. I'll let you all know how things are progressing when my next update arrives sometime in May. As for now, go pick up Johnny Cash's posthumously released album "American VI: Ain't No Grave". It's very good and right now I'm listening to "For the Good Times", which is so far my favorite song from it.

J.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places."-Ernest Hemingway [Farewell to Arms]

Comments