One Page Play


TWO MEN are standing on the overlook of a bridge

MAN #1: Why'd we stop?

MAN #2: Nice night. And I enjoy the view.

MAN #1: I'm smoking. You in?

MAN #2: No.

MAN #1 lights a cigarette

MAN #1: What's the problem?

MAN #2: I love her.

MAN #1: I know. What's the problem?

MAN #2: Tomorrow...

MAN #1: What?

MAN #2: "Tomorrow," she says. That's the straight away, clear answer she provides for everything.

MAN #1: Tomorrow... Clever.

MAN #2: I'm tired of it. Put it off, put it off, and nothing.

MAN #1: It's the easy way out. Tomorrow.

MAN #2: And what do I have to show for it?

MAN #1: Tomorrow?

MAN #2: Exactly. Tomorrow and a little change.

MAN #1: And yet...

MAN #2: I'm still in love.

MAN #1: Do you have it?

MAN #2: Yes.

MAN #1: Let me see it.

MAN #2: Amazing...

MAN #2 hands MAN #1 a wedding ring in its case. MAN #1 looks at it and throws it to the river down below.

MAN #2: What the hell!

MAN #1: Now tomorrow will have its answer.

MAN #2: Tomorrow?

MAN #1: Yep.

MAN #1 pats MAN #2 on the shoulder and walks away. MAN #2 stares at the river below for a beat and then runs to catch up with his friend.

Comments