Into the Homestretch

Waste not, want not...

88.) LEARN TO SPEAK LATIN
If I had lived in a different time, perhaps I would have already learned this while in school. While the desire to learn this language has waned over the years, I did go as far as buying a Latin to English dictionary. And I look at it from time to time. Though it never happened, I had a goal to go to Mel Gibson's Church in Malibu while I lived in L.A. The mass is done in Latin and would have been quite the adventure.

89.) ENTER THE FBI
I like to watch CRIMINAL MINDS from time to time, so I think my chances are pretty good at getting in. Just need a few lucky breaks, right?

90.) BECOME FAMOUS IN HOLLYWOOD
Just need a few lucky breaks, right? And some dedication and hard work. Though at this point I don't really need fame, just a steady paycheck.

91.) VISIT IRELAND-COMPLETE
I was lucky enough to travel here for about 3 weeks back in 2005. The trip was well worth it and I thank the people that helped me to travel there. The landscape and scenery is exactly how it's always been described. Plus, there is a pub in every little village. A place I definitely want to get back to one day.

92.) LEARN TO WATER SKI
One of the first times I tried this, I fell under the water and decided I didn't want to release the handle. So I swallowed about half the lake in the five seconds I was getting dragged underwater. I have had opportunities to get try again yet have not found the courage. When that opportunity arises again, I will take it.

93.) VISIT SCOTLAND
The home of my ancestors. This is a definite must.

94.) GO SKYDIVING AND/OR BUNGEE JUMPING
This scares me to death. So yes, I want to do it.

95.) LEARN HOW TO SURF-COMPLETE
Now, I am not an expert. In fact, I am not even as high as an amateur. The first time I went surfing was while living down in L.A. Huntington Beach was the exact spot. I spent most of my time trying to stand up and even did for about two seconds. I then spent the rest of the afternoon body surfing. The water was warm so that was a plus. And I'd probably do it again, if the opportunity arose.

96.) VISIT THE WHITE HOUSE
Maybe I can meet the president at the same time...

97.) RUN AND FINISH THE BOSTON MARATHON
I have some other running goals to accomplish first, but this goal is still a priority.

98.) SEE THE BOSTON RED SOX PLAY-COMPLETE
I got to see the Red Sox play the Angels when I lived in L.A. I had tickets a few rows behind the Red Sox dugout and was lucky enough to sit with some Boston fans that had come up from San Diego. And the Red Sox won. And Ben Affleck was there with J-Lo, so that was nice. Maybe they walked right past me. And maybe I stared at J-Lo's ass. I'm a man. I'm entitled to be starstruck and stare a little...

I'll end on that note. And come the next entry, we will finish out this nearly two week journey of a bucket list. Then I can get back to working on my 40 time for next year's NFL Combine.

Comments