My Very Own Bucket List

Well now. It certainly has been awhile. As I prepare to sit down to write for a bit, I figured I'd get warmed up with a little writing on ye ol' blog. This one (and the next few) is going to be a bit different. Today I am going to begin with the first ten goals of my very own bucket list. 

Now, this isn't an ordinary bucket list that I just started today. This was first written as an assignment in I believe the 7th or 8th grade for one Mr. Weeks. I remember we had been given a handout about a gentleman that set out do do 100 things in his life and thus began a great adventure. Mr. Weeks is one of my favorite teachers of all time and the stuff I learned in his class I can still recall to this day (for the most part). 

The list has been expanded over the years to reflect certain points in my life. I will hopefully do ten goals a blog and go from there. One, it will always be a nice writing warm-up. Two, it will hopefully help push me to maybe accomplish some of these goals. And three, it will give you, the reader, an insight into the mind of a seventh grader (and beyond. I don't still have the mind of a seventh grader. Except perhaps in some regards. I'll let you figure that part out.)

Without further adieu...

1.) PUBLISH A BOOK
I have completed a fantasy novel. That's saying something. Know someone that would like to publish it? Let me know...

2.) EXPLORE THE TITANIC
Does watching the movie in the theater 3 times count? What about watching it every time it comes on TNT?

3.) EXPLORE THE GREAT BARRIER REEF
Once I get to Australia, then perhaps I can achieve this one. By exploring, I think I meant scuba diving/snorkeling. That I know I can do.

4.) BECOME A LAWYER
Yeah...

5.) LEARN TO SKI
I have been cross country skiing. I am going to count this because I don't see myself getting up on the hill any time soon. Though you never know...

6.) GO TO FRANCE
Maybe one day. I heard the streets are paved with gold and flow with wine there.

7.) CLIMB MT. EVEREST
My aspirations were very high at this age.

8.) GO TO COLLEGE-COMPLETE

9.) GRADUATE COLLEGE-COMPLETE
Proud Alum of Boise State University (December 2001)

10.) RETRACE TRAIL OF DONNER PARTY
I guess growing up in Nevada made me want to do this. I would hope that I did it in summer. By car.

11.) SWIM IN PACIFIC OCEAN-COMPLETE
Okay, so I did 11 goals today. Mostly because I wanted to have at least one more on the first day that I have completed. I have swam in both the cold Northern California Pacific Ocean and the warm Southern California Pacific Ocean. Take that list...

That's a decent start. These first ones weren't entirely ridiculous but they do get out there a bit. Probably because I had trouble coming up with a 100 of them when I was 13 years old. We'll see. Until next time...

J.

Comments