A Christmas Greeting

The Eve of Christmas will always have a special place in my heart.

Christmas Eve mass, the chili dinner, the anticipation of tearing into those gifts that were sitting under the freshly cut pine tree. The sleepless nights awaiting Santa's arrival.

Philip Rivers waving good-bye to the Broncos, the makeshift Christmas with the never ending ham, and a night of excitement in a North Hollywood bar.

These are only a few among many.

Today, that childhood wonderment and excitement is as ever present as it was when I was eight years old.

No particular reason, mind you. Perhaps it is an eternal optimism that I will always carry with me.

This is not only the season of miracles, but a season to spread joy, kindness, and love.

We may do that with gifts. We may do that with donations. We may do that with a simple phone call.

Tell a loved one how you feel. Say hi to a stranger. Buy a beer for a friend.

This year has been a year of peaks and valleys. I have enjoyed the peaks and embraced the valleys. Without the valleys, life would simply be too boring.

A self published fantasy novel. A new play. New writing opportunities. Seeing old friends. 3 trips to Nevada, including my first Thanksgiving with my parents and brother for the first time in 14 years.

Rejection letters, lost romances, and deteriorating friendships. Health scares for family members and friends alike. Career changes. All part of the ride that was 2014.

Life, as a matter of fact, is a constant ebb and flow.

Cherish the small moments. Difficulty will arise but as I've always been told, "Hardship builds character."

I want to take a moment to wish everyone my warmest holiday greetings. Or Merry Christmas, as people said in the old days. I am very appreciative of those friends and family I have in my life, near and far. You are always in my heart, with good thoughts of health and happiness. I wish you the merriest Christmas and may 2015 lead all of you on your grandest adventure yet.



Comments